Thursday, March 11, 2010


This post is LONG over due! I have been busy, crazy busy, like run around not know where you are going busy. Life with 2 kids under 2 has proven to be eventful.

Eli was taken to the ER on sat. this past weekend and diagnosed with croup. They put him on a steroid and sent us home. Monday he was breathing funny and retracting a lot so Josh gave him a breathing treatment (Malachi's) and let me know before he left for work. About 2 hours later when I got up, I went in to check on him and his list were slightly blue and he was dusky. I decided to take him back to the ER. I gave him a quick breathing treatment and threw both the kids in the car. At the ER they took him right back and stuck him in a trauma room.  The oxygen was thrown on a about 10 nurses got blood, started an IV, did an RSV swab and started him on continuous breathing treatments. The doc came in and asked a bunch of questions and told me that we were going to be transfered to another hospital in town. He was in "trama" for about 3 hours before we were admitted to the other hospital. When we go there he seemed to be doing fine. He went the remainder of that day without oxygen and all night. We got to come home late tuesday night. They are not quite sure what happened, but he is now on breathing treatments every 4 hours for about 2 weeks.

We did get his surgery date for March 31st. We are excited to get it over with, now we just need to keep everyone cootie free till the big day!

Malachi is doing well, we start music therapy today and I am super excited for it. He LOVES music, so I know he will really enjoy this! They come right about the time he goes down for a nap, so we will see how he does.

Things are going well otherwise. The snow has finally melted and revealed loads of dog poop that hasn't been picked up since fall.Yikes! The water in the pool has started to melt and we have enjoyed some 60 degree days here! Unfortunately they have been rainy. That is all for now!


Lacey said...

Hope you stay sickie free so you can get that little heart fixed!

Emily said...

Wow... poor little guy. Hope everyone can stay healthy for the big surgery day! Praying for ya!

Alan Anderson said...

We have been battling croup here at our house too. Ended up in the ER as well - not so much fun. Hoping everyone gets better soon.

You may want to check with your doctor because Carter had a surgery canceled because he had received steroids (for croup) and I was told they won't put kids under general anesthesia for six to eight weeks after getting them. It would terrible if you had to reschedule but it might be better finding out now rather than the night before surgery (which is when we found out).