Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

July Already?

Wow, I can hardly believe it is July! Our summer is flying by as I am sure many of yours are as well. We are enjoying spending time with friends and family. We have spent many of hours in the pool and I must say I am getting tan. This is an accomplishment I have worked toward for many years. My legs are still white as can be...but I am taking baby steps.

Tuesday this week we atart our PRIDE class. I am not exactly sure what to expect. But i will find out soon enough. I am sure I will have a TON to write after tuesday nights class. Be looking for it!

Today is Sunday and my favorite day of the week. I love getting up, eathing breakfast with my husband and then heading to church. There is something about sundays that just scream family. Today we went to church like normal. However, today, i left feeling filled up spiritally. I really felt God was confirming our choice to become foster parents! Although i have never doubted Josh and I's call to minister in this way, there have been times when I question if it is something I am totally ready for. I think about all the things that are going to change. All the time and energy that will be put into these children and we might not get to see them as the grow up and become adults. Thas hard to think about, but God is reminding me daily that He is incontroll and that I should trust Him. It's not always easy, but I know that my God is bigger than anything.

Today after church we went to lunch with some friends. Their friendships have been amazing and a true answer to prayer. I honestly dont think they know how much they mean to Josh and I. So friends from Re:Group if you are reading this, we want you to know how much you mean to Josh and I. Thnks for opening your hearts to us, good friends are hard to find. And to think we have so many, we are truly blessed.

No comments: