Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Setting in

Well its setting in. This little boy that has been on our hearts and minds over the last few weeks might not make it. We have never met him or even seen a picture of him, but we feel connected to him. This process has grown Josh and I in ways we never knew possible. We have learned to have faith in the Lord. We did not, and still don't, know what is in store for us, but we are being lead by Christ and following Him every step of the way. We have talked about very real issues about parenting and raising a child, with or without special needs. Althought it might not always seem like it, we have learned to be patient. This process is anything but speedy and we still have a long way to go but we are ready to go the distance. If the end of this path winds right back to where we were 2 weeks ago we will be better because of it, all beacause of a little baby boy whom we never met.

Even thought there are alot of things we don't know, we do know that our God can do amazing things. A few days ago I heard a song on the radio by Brandon Heath. I want to post the lyrics so that you all can read it. I want this song to be the passion of my life. Here it is...
Brandon Heath "Give me Your eyes"

Looked down from a broken sky
Traced out by the city lights
My world from a mile high
Best seat in the house tonight
Touched down on the cold black top
Hold on for the sudden stop
Breath in the familiar shock
Of confusion and chaos
All those people going somewhere, Why have I never cared?
Chorus:
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see
Yeah Yeah
Step out on a busy street
See a girl and our eyes meet
Does her best to smile at me
To hide what's underneath
There's a man just to her right
Black suit and a bright red tie
Too ashamed to tell his wife
He's out of work
He's buying time
All those people going somewhere
Why have I never cared?
Chorus
I've Been there a million times
A couple of million eyes
Just moving past me by
I swear I never thought that I was wrong
Well I want a second glance
So give me a second chance
To see the way you see the people all along
Please pray for baby Aurther (thats the name that was given to him in the hospital, but he is known to us by Malichi which means His Mesanger)

No comments: