Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A little about Elijah

Oh my sweet little Elijah, what can I share with the world about your personality...hmm...OH WAIT, I got it.

Elijah is hungry. Yes he is hungry in the tummy rumbling sense. He eats everything in sight, seriously. I found out today the he only weighs 2lbs LESS than Malachi. Food hungry is not what I am talking about though. Elijah is hungry for knowledge. His brain is a sponge and we often find him sitting and watching the world around him. He is quick to master new tasks and gets frustrated when he is not successful on the first try. He watches mouths as if he is trying to read lips and is constantly trying to make new sounds. Although things like speech, gross motor and fine motor are still a struggle, Elijah is hungry to learn.

It's one of the many things I love about this little man and a character trait that will take him far. It is our prayer that he continues to seek and accomplish all that he sets his mind to. Isn't that something we all wish for our children? Those with special needs and those without?

No comments: