Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What do you do?

Let me start off by saying I'm a tell it like it is kinda girl. If my husband irritates me, I tell him. If a friend says something that rubs me the wrong way, they will hear about it. I take pride in the fact that I normally confront disagreements with a gentleness.That being said, I am still human and on occasion I am to blunt and have hurt the feelings of those I love. All this to say I need your help.

Today when I picked Malachi up from school a lady approached me saying "are you going to pick him up from school everyday?" To which I replied, I will be picking him up 90% of the time. Clearly she didn't like this answer as she continued with a dramatic eye roll and said "Then you NEED to call transportation and let them know." And with the my conversation with her was over. Malachi's teacher then stepped in and ever so gently offered a few options and said she could call on my behalf if I wanted her to.

When I got in my car I found myself getting angry about that way this lady spoke to me. I've never met the women and felt like she came out with guns blasting (little does she know I have cat like reflexes..HA!). When I got home I immediately called the bus barn (where it got that name? I have no stinking idea.) to discuss our plan. I also sent a quick e-mail to Malachi's teacher so she was aware I took care of it. Now I'm left wondering if I should say something about the way I was treated by the mystery lady, or do I let it fly and move on. I want to say something so she doesn't think it's okay she takes to me that way but on the other hand is it really that big of a deal? What to do....

1 comment:

eek40 said...

I think I would let it go. I can tell you that the first few weeks of school are super hard for teachers that work bus and car lines, even walkers:) So her comment was most likely not really directed to you, just more a fact that came out wrong. We have some cranky bus drivers at our school now and then and sometimes they get really frustrated. I wouldnt worry about it one bit more:) Easier said than done right? Also, if it happens again I would pull her aside and ask what you can do in front of his teacher. Good Luck!