Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Hearing test...Check

When we got to hold little Malachi, we instantly fell in love! His sweet little hands and big brown eyes, who wouldn't fall in love. I looked at him an saw endless possibilities. I also saw a little baby who would have MANY challanges ahead of him. This just breaks my heart! When he is out in public people will look at him differently and place sterotypes on him. My prayer and hope is that one day we will live in a world where different is considered beautiful. I am grateful that Malachi will grow up in a family where he will be loved and taught that different is beautiful! Malachi might look different on the outside, but inside he looks the same as you and me! Are you teaching you children to love everyone? That we are all special and God made us all different? I challange you to start early and bring your children up to love as Christ loves!!! It will be a glorious day when Malachi will be looked at and people will only see his heart!! This is my lifes mission and I can't wait to see the lives changed by the joy this little boy brings!! Thank you God for choosing us to be Malachi's parents!

We learned a little more medical information about Malachi. On wed. the told us that he has failed his hearing test. That was a HUGE dissappointment to josh and I. We talked about what kind of challanges that would bring to us and to his development. We decided that this was not an issue for us and we would continue on. This morning I got a phone call from his case worker, and they decided to give him another hearing test. Guess what? HE PASSED!!!! Yet another HUGE mountian that God choose to move. I don't know why God chose us, but I am beyond thankful!!!

I thought I would post the Down syndrome Creed online for you all to read! It is wonderfully written and something that I think the world needs to read!!

My face may be different
But my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry
And I take pride in my gains
I was sent here among you
To teach you to love
As God in the heavens
Looks down from above
To Him I'm no different
His love knows no bounds
It's those here among you
In cities and towns
That judge me by standards
That man has imparted
But this family I've chosen
Will help me get started
For I'm one of the children
So special and few
That came here to learn
The same lessons as you
That love is acceptance
It must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose
Though not the same start
The Lord gave me life
To live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do
But at my own pace

No comments: