Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Our Call to Foster Parent


Here we are, it's 2008 and Josh and I are going to be married for 3 years this summer! We have been able to accomplish a lot in the past few years. Josh is soon going to be graduating from Grad school with a Masters degree in Education. He will be entering his 4th year teaching, and loves every second of it. His passion are the 6th graders in his class, and he would do anything to see them succeed. I have recently started a new job working with adults who have disabilities. It is the most rewarding job I have ever had and I am thankful daily for the opportunity. I am learning so much from the adults I interact with and I am growing as a person. I can honestly say that I LOVE what I do and I wake up every morning excited about going to work.
Our journey through 2008 has started out great. Althought the road is not always smooth, we know that God is always working at our lives. After a lot of prayer and discussion Josh and I have decided to become foster parents. We are excited to see where this turn takes us and confident that it will be rewarding in many ways. We also understand that we do not know exactly where this road will lead us. We don't know what we will encounter on the path, but we will continue to trust that God is in control and pray for His guidence along the way. We are excited and nervous as the same time. Will you join us along the way? Josh and I want to share this trip with you and hope that you will support us in prayer and encouragment. This will be one road trip you wont want to miss.
E and J

No comments: