Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Perfection!

We have Malachi's IEP on Friday and I am happy to report it went amazingly well! We thought all of the purposed goals were appropriate and that they were truly looking out for what is best for Malachi. He will be getting 30mins of OT, 30 min of PT and 90 mins of speech a week (in addition to what we decide to supplement outside of school), once a week he will have inclusion for gym and library time. They also mentioned a possible need for a assistive communication device, so they wrote that in as well. And the best news of all...there will only be 4 kids in his class!! That is it! We live in a VERY small district (The entire school only has 120 kids) , which I LOVE! So all in all, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I would even venture to say it was as close to perfection as we could have been! In a month we will go and register him and then a month after that he will be getting on that big bus and off he will go. I better stock up on Kleenex now! My baby is growing up!

No comments: