I really don't want to write this but I must. I am sitting here in the PICU, next to Malachi. He was hospitalized late last night for RSV and a stroke. Yes my big boy has recently suffered a major stroke that is affecting his right arm and leg. Thanks about all we know right now. At some point I will go into how we found out and what led us to this but right now is not the time.
As far as they stroke. They are still not sure what caused it. We anticipate a lot of testing today. He will be going in for a sedated MRI later this morning, followed by a ton of bloodwork and ultrasounds of his legs. They are thinking he may have a clotting disorder or possibly Moyamoya disease.
Josh and I are doing okay. We are obviously terrified and worried about out peewee. Its so hard know that just behind that skull something so serious is going on and there is nothing we can do about it. We have been running through questions, will he walk? Talk? communicate? Its overwhelming to say the least. The one thing we don't want is people's pitty. We need you guys to be strong for us, to encourage us and to support us. Pitty is going to get any of us anywhere, we know that you are sorrry this happened, so are we. Right now we need to focus on geting through this and being strong for Malachi. He is a tough cookie and we are trying to rest in that. Malachi has proved the docs worng time and time again and has left people scratching their heads. We are confident he will do the same in this situation.
We dont understand why we were chosen for this new journey or why our baby was chosen. But we are trusting that there is a reason, a reason that non of us can comprehend, a mission from God to reflect all the glory back to Him. Time will tell. Until then we wait for any news and cling to hope and our faith in Christ.