Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We are here

We are here in Chicago. We got in late last night. Unfortunately, the Ronald McDonald house is all full so we are staying at a hotel near by but we are hoping something opens up today.

Eli had his pre-op appointment this morning. They did blood work, x-rays and then a NP (Nurse Practitioner) did a physical. Everything went well. His potassium was a little high but they don't seem to worried about it. They are going to recheck it tomorrow morning when we get there. Other than that we are ready for surgery at 7:30 tomorrow. The rest of the day we are going to be relaxing and enjoying time with our wee one.

I am nervous. My tummy is in knots and I have been having trouble sleeping. I am going to focus on the positive and the light at the end of the tunnel. A week from tomorrow we should be home with a happy healthy little boy! I can't wait!

I will be updating this tomorrow as we get new news. They say someone will be updating us every hour and a half. Keep Eli in your prays as well as the surgeons and nurses.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Praying and good luck :)
Can't wait for a great update tomorrow!

Alan Anderson said...

Sending lots of prayers your way! Keep us updated!

Unknown said...

Lots of love and well wishes for tomorrow! I just know that everything will be great! I'll be checking the updates! Good luck! (hope you get a room at r.mc.d.h!)
Davie sends her smooches!