Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Change of plans

Eli's surgery got moved...to Thursday March 25.

Wait what?

Yep thats right friends. I got a phone call today saying that they were going to move surgery...TILL APRIL 24! An entire month later. This momma was not a happy camper. After some screaming and stomping of the feet 
phone calls and civilized discussions, we got it move up rather than back.

 I mean really all of this so the surgeon can go on spring break? Ha, while I sit in a recovery room with my 8lb 4 month old who just had heart surgery? It hardly seems fair.  while my sons genetic heart defect pays for his vacation in a tropical paradise, I will dream I am right there with him, basking in the sun (rather then the hospital lights and sitting in a beach chair (rather than a sofa chair). Ahh...the good life.

I am thankful. Thankful that they were willing to accommodate us. I am thankful the nightmares will only last a few more nights and by this time next week, my little peanut will be in recovery with a fully functioning heart. Ahhh...spring break here we come...destination? The first day of our new life.




2 comments:

Angie said...

Your family is in my prayers!

Emily said...

Oh wow... glad you got it moved up instead of back. We'll be praying...