I just got off the phone with Dr. V from Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Dr. V met with all the cardiac surgeons, doctors and nurse practitioners today, they are all in agreement, Eli's corrective heart surgery will need to be done sooner rather than later. We will be trying to get together with Dr. B later this week to go over the plan and get an exact date! Dr. V said that Eli's last echo showed narrowing of the pulmonary arteries, so they want another echo of that so they can get a better look. They didn't seem to concerned about it.
I would be lieing if I said I wasn't nervous. Malachi's recovery was rough and long. Im not sure I can do another 3 1/2 week stay in the hospital, or seeing my child being cardio-verted 5 times or waiting 5 days before I can hold my baby. But I will suck it up and trudge forward know that I don't have to carry this worry so I'm giving it all to God. He got us through last time, He will do it again this time! I am so ready to get this over with!
On a happier note we got Malachi smo's on sat. Im a little worried about the fit, i think they may be to big. Our physical therapist comes on Wed, she wants to see the before I go back in. Shes the expert, right? Malachi's feeding has gotten much better to. He is now eating stage 3 baby foods like a champ! He also ate a few of those yogurt melts today with no issues! I can't wait till he can eat table food!
I am still amazed at how strong Eli is! He is just 3 months old and can sit in a bumbo seat, Malachi was at least 6 months before he could hold his head up. Eli is only fed through the NG tube at night. We are moving in the right direction!!