Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Thrilled, excited, over-joyed....

I just had to share some amazing news with you all. Malachi has his ASD/VSD and mirtial valve surgery back at the end of January. A few weeks after the repair the Cardiologist told us that there was still Atrio. leaking and tricuspid leakage. We were worried that another surgery would be required to seal up the last little holes. The Cardiologist had us coming in monthly for office visits and echo's to check the leakage. A few months ago we got the news that the holes were not affecting Malachi's pressures and that surgery would not be needed. We were thrilled, but still a little nervous about those little holes. This morning we made our way to our monthly appointment but the outcome was much different than expected. Dr. F held Malachi and listened to his heart. He looked up at me and said. The holes have closed!!!!! 100% gone, no more leaky heart! I was so excited and a wave of extreme joy washed over me. I want to cry. And then he got up, gave Malachi a high five and said "we will see you in 6 months!!!" Six months, I can hardly believe it! This is the first time since Malachi has been born that he doesn't have to see the cardiologist every month. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am. After the appt. Malachi and I went to the park to celebrate!! I can't wait to share the amazing news with his surgery team on sunday!! God is amazing and I am in awe of His mercy!! Praise God for being the ultimate healer!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That is so exciting!!! Hooray for Malachi.

Emily said...

That is great news! Good reason to celebrate!

Alan Anderson said...

Wahoo! Awesome news!

Lacey said...

wahoo, yeah for holes closing on their own. Thats what we want to hear.