Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

success

Malachi's cardio cath was a success! The docs were are pleased with the procedure and found nothing "unexpected." Malachi was a trooper and showed very little signs of pain. Because of his medical history the docs wanted to keep him over night. So that means the momma slept (more like tried to sleep) on the cot next to the crib. Needless to say i got very LITTLE sleep! They ended up needing to put him on oxygen for a short time and he did not like it! But he delt with it and ended up falling asleep. I am so proud of this little man and his strength!! He is one tough cookie!

He is back to his old self today and taking to me right now as I type. I wonder what he is saying? I wonder if he likes his home?

Anyways, we should be getting a call next week to schedual a meeting with the surgons and nurses who will be doing the heart repair surgery. At this meeting we will discuss a date and get it scheduled. THe cardio nurse told me today that we should plan on at least 10 days of recovery! Yikes, that is going to be a VERY long 10 days. We are going to need visitors ( and money to eat at the hospital for 10 days! Yikes!!) to keep us sane!

I will pose pictures when I have more time!

1 comment:

Shari said...

I am glad things went well for little Isaiah! He is beautiful! Sometimes, hospitals have a voucher program for food. Ask about it and see if you qualify or can get it! I would love to help in some way. I will wait until you announce the date of his surgery.