Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Whats next?

So I am sure you are all wondering....Whats next? We finished our last PRIDE class and are super excited to be dome with that. To be honest, we are not sure whats next. We do know that we are going to be having 3 visits from our case worker. We are just not sure when. So to be honest, we don't know whats next. Its annoying, but we are trying to be patient as we wait for the next step. I've said all along we have no idea where this journey will lead us, and that is proving true at this momment. We made some great relationships in our PRIDE class and we learned a lot of information that will be essential to our succcess as foster parents. We are waiting to be able to use all of this knowledge.

So today I went to Target with a friend. We were looking at childrens clothes and we met a women and her young foster child. He was soo cute. I could tell that he had a rough life, he had a lot of scaring and scabs that were healing. I asked her how long she had the placement and she said about a week. She then proceeded to share a little of his story with me (This is a BIG no no, we are leagally not allowed to discuss this with perople). I thought I would share it all with you. I am sure you have no idea who I am talking about, so i feel safe. Anyways, she said he came from his aunts house were they didnt feed him. He only got the left overs, when there were some. My heart broke. THe only thing he drank was pop from a straw. Needless to say the child was VERY under nourished. He was 2 but only wearing size 12 months, and even that was to big. It was a very real feeling I had that this will be us in a few short months. Am I prepared emotionally? I dont know, I thought I was, but seeing this little boy just melted my heart! I am praying that God will continue to work in Josh and I and prepare us for this. I am still confident that this is what God wants us to do, but I am scared. Is that normal? I think it is, and I know that it wont be easy but I am trying to remember that God is in control and He will lead us every step of the way.

As I am sitting here writting this Josh is watching tv and the dogs are relaxing on the floor. I am reminded that this will soon end and our lives will be crazy. I get excited just thinking about it. Its a beautiful night for a walk. I can't wait to show a child the beauty in nature and that there really are good people in the world. I can't wait to give away one thing that costs nothing...LOVE.
So be praying that God grants us wil unconditional love, genuine love and love that we can freely give.

No comments: