Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

23 hour observation...wonderful.

Tomorrow we will be taking Malachi to the children's hospital in Madison, WI. He needs new tubes, his 3rd set, and they will be doing an ABR. While we are anxiously awaiting the results, we are not so excited about the 23 hour post op observation that is now required each time Malachi receives sedation. Yes, you read that right. Due to his "extensive medical history and recent Moyamoya diagnosis he is now required to be observed no less than 23 hours after sedation wears off. " Blah. I KNOW this is for his best interest, I KNOW 23 hours is no big deal in the grand scheme of things and I KNOW relative to what others have to go through its a ridiculous frustration. That being said, I still HATE spending the night in hospitals and I am not looking forward to this one. 

While sulking in my own pitty party, I got a brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea! Since we have spent a fair amount of time at 7 different hospitals I feel I have to review them for the masses. You are welcome. It will be based on our experience only so please don't e-mail me complaining, we all have different opinions and that's okay! Be looking for it in and coming days!

I've got packing, cleaning and laundry to do. Don't be jealous! 

No comments: