Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snomagedon

We were blasted...smacked in the face by the fourth largest snow store in Northern Illinois history. I believe 14 inches is the latest total but it is expected to climb higher. The real doozie? Sustained wind at 25mph with gusts up to 77mph. A blizzard? I'd say so. Everything is closed today. Even if things were open its not like we could drive anywhere. Snow drifts up to 6ft tall, plows getting stuck and every single road in our entire county is closed. This is the Blizzard of 2011.








3 comments:

Kristin said...

It's so pretty (I can say that because I'm not shoveling it!).

EN said...

Looks like fun! Much to my husband's dismay, we do not live in Illinois. We grew up there, though. That's why his family members are all diehard Illini fans!

Emily said...

It snows a lot in Utah... but holy cow! This is some serious snow!