Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle


We picked out the bedding for the "babies" room. We wanted to do someting neutral because we have NO idea what gender the first child will be. We just bought the sheet thus far and will be adding to it over the next few weeks. We picked out wall color and we decided to go with a "crushed cracker" color. Its a tan/brown. We also got paint for the crib and changing table and paint for the dresser and book case. All of which was given to us (thank you to all of you have been so willing to share!!!). Here are a few pics of us painting. The theme of the room is "Welcome to the Jungle" and you have to say it like the song.








Josh painting the night stand, it was blue but soon will be green. The changin table is in the background, its brown.



My best "Welcome to the Jungle" face, complete with claws.


Josh and his best face...his claws are way better than mine.


Here is the sheet we picked out. Isn't it cute?

Here is the best pic I could find of the quilt.

Lately we (mostly me) have been feeling...ummm...whats the best word? Hurt? We are in need of sooo much "stuff." We couldn't possible go out and purchase it all, we simply can't afford it. Think about all the stuff htat is needed for a baby. Yea, we need it all. How are we going to get it? No idea. (Thank you to all the people who have helped make this list smaller, we really dont know what we would do without you) Anways, back to why we (mostly me) are feeling hurt. I have always been a person (not to toot my own horn) who will give everything to someone in need. Weather it been money, "stuff", support or encouragement. I am often told that i put others needs before my own. Which is true in some cases. I have always felt blessed that we have never needed anything. God has always provided more than enough for us. I want to share that with others, so I give. To me it doesnt seem like a sacrifice, because I always have enough. However at this momment in time...I am in need. I(josh too) need support through friendsip and family. We need stuff for the baby that will be comming into our house soon (could be a toddler, not sure) We need boy things and girl things. Toddle things and baby things. We need to be prepared, we could get a phone call at 2 in the morning saying that they need a home for a baby right out of the hospital. We need to be ready. So at this momment in time, Josh and I are in a great need. And the more I think about it, the more I realize its not things we need for ourselfs, its things for a child. A child who didn't ask to have suckey parents, and child who doesn't deserve to be neglected. It hurts me to think more people in the world are not willing to give to them if not of thier time, at least some of their treasure. Maybe I am being selfish, i dunno. I am just frustrated that people are not more supportive through this time. I do know that God is in control and when people around us fail, he will will be there.

No comments: